Thursday, August 30, 2012

Quickie Stirfry Wrap



My uncle gave me a cabbage the size of a bowling ball, and I never seem to think about making coleslaw until it is already dinner time (it's so much better if it festers for a few hours).  So, I've been whipping (er, shredding) up these wraps for a few days as a quick and yummy lunch.  I do not measure - just eyeball it...my filling is generally too much for the wrap, but you know where you keep the forks and napkins.

A Tbsp or so peanut oil
Bragg's Liquid Aminos, a good squirt
1-2 cups shredded/sliced cabbage
4 oz tempeh, sliced thin
A handful of sungold tomatoes, halved
A generous shmear of Nayonaise
One wrap (I used one made from rice flour)

Heat the oil in a medium saute pan. 

Add the cabbage, tempeh, and sungolds.  Stir and fry until tender and browned, about 5 minutes, adding the liquid aminos during the last couple minutes.




Warm the wrap over the top of the pan, if you like, to make it more pliable.  And then spread the middle with Nayo.

Pour veggies onto the center of the wrap. 




Messy and delicious!  The way lunch should be.





No comments:

Post a Comment