Saturday, March 16, 2013

Taco Soup...Slainte!?



This afternoon I ran a St. Patty's Day 5K.  I put more effort in than usual.  And then I came home, told my battle stories, listened to the family talk about their day, did some laundry, changed the sheets, fed and watered the chickens, and made an elaborate Irish meal to celebrate our heritage.  Ok, that last bit was a lie.  Just save this one for Cinco de Mayo...

1 pkg veggie crumbles (I used Lightlife SmartGround Original, or just leave out if you're not into it)
2 pkgs taco seasoning (I used Simply Organic Southwest Taco, or make your own)
1 28-oz can organic diced tomatoes, UNdrained
1 28-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1-1/2 cups mixed frozen veggies (or just corn)
About 3 cups cooked pasta (I used leftovers, but you could certainly cook dry pasta right in the soup)
About a quart of water, or add until you get the soup-ish-ness you like

Throw everything in a soup pot.  Cook til heated through.  That's it.

 Sprinkle with your favorite nondairy cheddar, taco chips, or whatever other toppings you like.


And now you know why I made it for dinner tonight.  It's soup-er hearty, quick, and easy. 
And I'm one whooped senorita leprechaun.






No comments:

Post a Comment