Monday, April 2, 2012

My Favorite Cereal



This is another tweaked recipe from Brendan Brazier's Thrive diet.  I have to say, I had my doubts the first time I was putting it together, but those doubts very quickly dissipated after bite #1.  This cereal has become a craved daily staple.  The ginger is effervescent and has an interesting relationship with the cocoa/carob.  You'll never miss a grainy flake with all the crunch from the almonds and seeds, and the fruits provide the perfect balance of soft and sweet.  Topped with some almond milk - I'm just hooked!  And how can you not feel good after all that nutrition you just gave your body to feast upon?

1 banana, diced
1 pear, cored and diced
1 date, chopped (or raisins)
1/4 cup almonds, chopped  (or pecans)
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1 Tbsp hempseed
1 Tbsp carob chips (and/or 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder)
1/2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger (I keep ginger in my freezer and peel and zest as needed - I eyeball the amount here - the more the better, IMO!)




Layer all in a bowl. 





Top with your favorite plant-based milk, mix, devour, and prepare to conquer the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment