Friday, March 16, 2012

Leprechaun in a Glass



I had already used berries in my oatmeal this morning, so I was tapping my forehead trying to come up with something new to put in my lunch smoothie today.  I've also been bemoaning the fact that I'm not going to have time in our play-rehearsal/basketball practice/birthday-sleepover weekend  to make a St. Patty's day meal, unless I stay up real late and eat it at midnight tonight (watch, I just might). 

I grabbed a can of pumpkin (leprechaun hair)  from the pantry, a banana (his pale gingery skin) from the freezer, some spices (freckles) and molasses (his little black belt) from the cupboard, and  an avo and a spring mix of lettuce and greens from the fridge (green green green)... and it just turned into a pot of gold from there.  This leprechaun turned out really yummy, and I'll be repeating him all year long.

1 frozen banana
1/4 of an avocado
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
Dashes of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
1 tsp blackstrap molasses
1 cup baby spring greens
1 cup almond-coconut milk






Whip all thoroughly in your blender, and pour into a leprechaun-worthy glass. 





While I was out on my deck taking pictures of my masterpiece, some geese flew over.  Welcome home, guys.




This smoothie turns out almost like a light pudding consistency, so I'm devouring mine with a big spoon. 



Enjoy on this cold, drizzly day...in Ireland, or in Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment