Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Seedy Herby Sweet-Tator Oven Fries



The inspiration for these came from Brendan Brazier's "Thrive" book.  I popped them in the oven after an hour of stretching/yoga (I'll spare you the picture of my butt that my youngest daughter took while doing so), and they were ready for a late lunch by the time I was showered and dressed.  Perfect!  I want to try his homemade ketchup recipe soon too, but today I just whisked together some mustard and maple syrup for a quick dipping sauce.  Again, perfect.

2 sweet potatoes, cut into fries/wedges
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp coarsely chopped sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1-1/2 Tbsp grapeseed/olive oil
1/2 Tbsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 300.

Drizzle the oil in the middle of a baking sheet, and pile the garlic, seeds, herbs, and salt on top.  Then mix with your fingers. 



Toss the sweet potato in the mixture, to coat. 




Spread out evenly, and bake for 45 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment