Sunday, January 22, 2012

Creamy Lemon Avocado Spaghetti



The other night I whipped up a super easy pasta.  It comes from Ohsheglows.com.  She called it "15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta," but I wanted to include "lemon" in the title since it's a very prominent flavor.  I was surprised how flavorful and zesty this dish was, but it's very smooth and comforting at the same time.  It's super fast, and I absolutely loved it.  It'll definitely be one of my go-to recipes from now on.  This makes two servings. 




Boil 4-6 oz of rice spaghetti (5-7 minutes).

Meanwhile, zest half a lemon and set aside.




In food processor, blend:
Juice of that half a lemon
1 clove garlic (or 2 or 3 if you really like garlic)
2 Tbsp EVOO

Then add, and blend til creamy:
1 avocado
1 Tbsp dried basil (or 1/4 cup fresh)
1/2 tsp salt



Stir into hot pasta.  Top with the lemon zest and black pepper.  Oh, and garnish with parsley if you're feelin' fancy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment