Thursday, January 19, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper-Eggplant Dip




I use the term "dip" here lightly.  I could sit down with a bowl of this stuff and eat it with a spoon...or my finger...(I know this, because I've seen me do it), but I do have a particular fondness for roasted red peppers.  Thank you to a good friend who recently shared the recipe with me.  It's my new addiction, and hers, but at least it's a healthy one.




Preheat your oven to 400.

Chop into 1-inch chunks:
2 eggplants
2 red peppers
4 cloves garlic
1 purple onion



Coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper; and spread evenly on a sheet pan.




Roast for 50 minutes, turning veggies once after 25 minutes.  Let cool. 




Blend in food processor til smooth.






Particularly good served with toasted pita wedges.  Would also make a yummy sandwich spread.

And just because it's a dip doesn't mean you have to wait for a party to try it...I had some for breakfast this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Becki made this... VERY YUMMY! Good with raw veggies... Used it like a hummus... She made a warm Sammich with it (used a little cheese with it though)... Very tastey!! Looking forward to trying other recipes too!

    ReplyDelete